Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Chicken Tacos Recipe



I was craving Mexican today, so I went to the kitchen and came up with a recipe I just created as I went along. I was pleasantly suprised, it was really good, ...

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1TBSP olive or vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder,
smoked paprika to taste
4 corn tortillas ( or taco shells, whichever you prefer)
shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream, guacamole

I start by shredding my chicken in a food processor (or you can buy ground chicken)
but I shred/grind my own, it is much cheaper)
Add chicken, peppers, and onions to preheated skillet coated with oil. Saute while breaking up the chicken to resemble ground beef 2-3 minutes then add all of your spices to your taste. If it is a little dry, you can add more oil or a little water. On a griddle or in a skillet lightly grease the bottom and brown your corn tortillas until golden brown but still flexible. Fill each shell with chicken mixture, fold up ( or use the store bought taco shells) and top with all the condiments you prefer. This recipe makes about 3 or 4 tacos depending on how full you like to stuff them~~Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment